The German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture released new guidelines for meat and meat products on 23 December 2015 (“Leitsätze für Fleisch und Fleischerzeugnisse”), which were developed by the German Food Commission. The guidelines describe the qualities of these food products and are to be consulted for the interpretation of regulations concerning food technology, which is why they constitute one of the most important set of rules for all suppliers of meat and meat products in the German market.
The new guidelines include changes in the areas of:
- Labelling of poultry meat products
- Labelling of raw materials used for meat products
- Premium/High end products
- Processing of meat products in other meat products
- Cooked Ham
- Minced meat products
- Processing of offal
- Casings for meat products
- Updates regarding the prevailing opinion shaped by the meat regulation
If you would like to know more about this topic or need help with the implementation of the guidelines, please send us an email with your contact details and we will revert back to you immediately.